Why Your Business
NEEDS a Website

Why Your Business
NEEDS a Website

Because we live in a digital era, your website is your number one marketing asset. Americans spend an average of 23.6 hours per week online and up to five hours per day on their mobile phones. Consumers are now expecting businesses to have an internet presence (including a website) and will consider a business that doesn't as less professional. Not only do 89 percent of adults in the US use the internet, but 77 percent own a smartphone, and for the first time in 2016 mobile web traffic outpaced desktop web traffic.

One of the advantages of having a small business website is being where your customers are. 93% of consumers find local business online. You need an online marketing firm and a website. There are 3.5 billion searches per day on Google, and right now there's someone in your region online looking for your precise service. Who do you think is getting their business? Is it you?

Need another convincing reason? Research by YellowPages and LSA found that consumers use three sources on average before making an individual purchase decision, and 30 percent automatically eliminate a business if they don't have a website. Nearly 75% of B2B consumers say digital website content has a significant impact on their purchasing choice, and 62% say they can finalize their purchase selection requirements based on the digital content of a website alone.

Not having a website means customers have less confidence in you. 75% of individuals confessed to assessing the credibility of a company based on website design in 2018. People are more likely to do business with a company that they trust, and the first place they go to check for credentials, reviews, and accolades is a website. But beware— if your website isn’t responsive and modern, it's not actually going to help you. You've got 10 seconds to leave an impression on website visitors and tell them what they're going to get from your business. If you don't succeed, they are gone.

The price of having a website is much lower than the price of getting left behind.

Maybe because you're on Facebook, you think you don't need a website? Sorry, so are all other American businesses. It's also true you can't regulate what others say about you on social media channels, but by developing your own message through a business website you can affect public perception. Additionally, connecting with customers on the platform is becoming more difficult for companies, and people spent 50 million fewer hours in 2018 than in 2017 on the platform. While social media can help your business grow, especially in the future, don't rely on using it as your only marketing channel.  Even if you have a Facebook page, you need a website.

Think because you’re not selling your products online, you don’t need a site? Think again. Just because you're not an ecommerce provider doesn't mean you don't need a website. Consumers, including B2B buyers, still need to discover you, learn about you, and trust you because they're buying from you. Most of our customers are not ecommerce, and each of them has seen significant growth in income from owning a website.

Here's the final takeaway; The price of having a website is much lower than the price of getting left behind. Current research by Capital One discovered that only 56 percent of small companies say they have a website. That should inform you of two facts: 56 percent of companies are doing better than yours, and if you get a website now, you still have an opportunity to beat the other 44 percent.